Why Do Adults with Autism and Developmental Disabilities Need Your Help?
If I did not have my work, I would not have my life.
How Can Adults with Autism and Developmental Disabilities Help Employers?
They Save Employers Money
- Employers who hire people with disabilities are eligible for federal tax deductions under the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- People with disabilities have lower-than-average employee turnover, resulting in reduced training and recruiting costs for their employers.
- They take fewer sick days than employees without disabilities.
They are good for business
- 93 percent of customers said they preferred to purchase from a company that employs people with disabilities.
- Employers report increased camaraderie and a positive effect on their entire staff when a developmentally disabled employee is on their team
- Hiring people with developmental disabilities promotes an inclusive culture that appeals to the talent pool that organizations want to attract.
- Employing people with disabilities translates to a better brand image in the community.
Inclusion and fairness in the workplace is not simply the right thing to do; it’s the smart thing to do.